- Applying to DAE is free of charge.
- Applications start from the 1st of February onwards, to begin your studies in the autumn semester of the same year.
- Application deadlines for the academic year 2019-2020 are:
- July 1st 2019 for students who will need to apply for a visa in order to study in Belgium
- August 19th 2019 for EU citizens and other applicants who don't need a visa.
- Our academic calendar is split up in 2 semesters. Students are only admitted at the start of the academic year, i.e. to begin their studies in the autumn semester (September). Starting classes in the spring semester is not possible, because the 2nd-semester courses build on top of the 1st-semester ones.
- The information below is a summary of relevant parts from the Howest Education and Examination Code. Consult the official document in Dutch or in English.
DO YOU WANT TO GET YOUR APPLICATION STARTED?
Then make sure you are well informed about DAE and know what challenges lie ahead! Check out the following first:
HOW TO APPLY
Are you a prospective student with BELGIAN nationality (or permanent residence in Belgium) AND one of the BELGIAN diplomas below?
Then you can follow the standard enrolment procedure as described here on the Howest website (in Dutch/Flemish).
- a secondary school diploma awarded by the Flemish Community;
- a secondary school diploma awarded by the French-speaking or German-speaking Community in Belgium;
- a certificate ("brevet") of complementary vocational education ("aanvullend secundair beroepsonderwijs");
- a First Prize diploma, awarded by a School of Music or the Lemmens Institute, with the exception of a First Prize diploma in music theory;
- a technical engineer diploma;
- a diploma of first-grade higher music education with full curriculum, awarded by a School of Music;
- a diploma of higher technical education of the third grade;
- a certificate showing that the student has successfully passed at least two study years in one and the same study programme in higher vocational education, or (a) (partial) certificate of course units from one and the same study programme in higher vocational education which the candidate successfully completed with a total number of contact hours that equals at least two-thirds of the total;
- a certificate showing that the student has successfully passed at least two study years with a full curriculum in a study programme resulting in the diploma of higher art education with a full curriculum of the second grade, a diploma of higher art education with a full curriculum of the third grade, a diploma of higher technical education of the third grade or the diploma of interior design architect;
- a university candidature diploma (i.e. first university undergraduate diploma or "kandidaatsdiploma");
- a bachelor diploma or equivalent;
- a master diploma or equivalent.
Are you an INTERNATIONAL student or a Belgian student with an INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA?
Follow the instructions for international applications as described here.