When making interactive 3D applications, interactivity is achieved through different programming techniques.
In this module, the student is taught the basic programming skills, with an emphasis on using control structures and visualisation in a 2D-coordinates system.
At the end of this module you become a basic level object oriented c++ programmer. You will also have a lot of experience at programming 2D Graphics.
The contents of this module:
- 2D drawing operations using OpenGL
- Dynamic memory allocation
- Standard library string class
- Defining and using classes
- Textures and sprite sheets
- Value and reference semantics
- Operator overloading
- Destructors, copy and move constructors
- Assignment operator
- Rule of five
- Const correctness
Technologies used: C++
Development environment: Visual Studio