Howest Student Services: Stuvo Howest
Howest students can address Stuvo Howest Student Services for help and guidance with:
- Financing your studies
- PC loan
- Independent living
- Student jobs
- Sports and culture
- Studentenstad Kortrijk (student city Kortrijk)
- Mental health and wellbeing
More information can be found on www.stuvo-howest.be.
You are not on your own! Higher education means change and alteration, whick can come easier for one person than for anthor. For students who need study counseling, we offer support through:
- Monitoring: Each lecturer is monitor for his or her study area. Each lecturer can provide you with additional explanations of the study material, the assignments,…
- Ombuds Service: Guarantees your rights as a student in relation to exams, exemptions…and acts as a mediator in conflicts. There is an ombudsperson for each study field in Howest. Please inquire within your department to find the ombudsperson for you course and feel free to contact him/her when necessary.
- Student administration: Helps you through your administration: enrolment or registration procedure, sickness notes, certificates…
- Study service: You can get help on methods for studying and good study planning, exam tips, dealing with fear of failure, concentration difficulties…
- Mentorship: Each studentgroup is assigned with a tutor. Here conversations are placed in the foreground: how is your integration in Howest, in your group,...? How is DAE going, how are your grades,...?
Don’t confuse us with a study bureau: to make use of our services is free of charge! You will have to deliver the biggest effort of course, but we will do everything to help you pass!